Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Journey

I wasn't always the hunk of man meat that you see before you. When I first got into the fitness world, started taking Kinesiology classes, and got serious about health I weighed around 220 with a body fat percentage of around 30.

I was 66 pound of fat.

Over the past 5 years I've trained, sometimes in the wrong ways and through injuries, and my body has changed to where I'm around 195 pounds and 13 percent body fat. Now I know what you're thinking, "5 years? It took you that long?" And my answer is yes, it did. Because the changes I've made with my body and my health and fitness are now permanent. I'm not about to yo yo back up to 220, or dive into the 170's. I have planed out my life to where I enjoy what I do and what I eat, and I enjoy my body.

I'm not a body builder, and never want to be one. And that's the point, looking at the over sized male models, or the anorexic female bodies makes you think that anyone who falls short of that look has an eating problem, or isn't committed enough in the gym.

I'm here to tell you that you are going to change your body, for the better. But, and it's a big but, it's going to take a lifestyle change to do it. There is no quick fix. No magic pill or drink. Just good food and hard work.

Be thankful that you have a working body and food to eat. Go make the most of the movement that you have been blessed with and see the joy in the hard work.

Happy Thanksgiving

-K

No comments: